Sunday, July 28, 2013

Summertime in the City

Sorry guys, I was on sabbatical from the blog. I'm allowed to do that. It sounds more official than the real story: I got kind of lazy and, instead of updating you - my loving friends and family - on my life, I spent much of my normal blog-writing time doing important things like binge-watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix and trying out gluten-free beer. 

In truth, I've been quite busy, not lazy. I started a new job! Since I don't like to talk about work on this blog, I won't give specific details. However, I believe 95% of you are my family or my facebook friends so you already know the details. The other 5% are probably the people who Blogger informed me stumbled across this blog because you searched "Walking Map DC" or "Reba McEntyre Nipple." I'm not sure if I'm more bothered that you searched for information on Reba McEntyre's nipple or that your search led you here. Either way, I don't really want you to know where I work. Nor do I have any insights on that matter. 

And, to those of you looking for "walking maps," sorry I couldn't help you. But I hope you found the post about baby toupees just as practical and helpful. You can't unsee a baby in a toupee. Enjoy your walk. 

Now, where we? Ah yes, what I've been up to this summer. 

My second summer in D.C. has been a busy one. I don't know where to start so I'm going to mirror last year's end-of-summer post and present you with my Summer Scrapbook. Since it's only the end of July, let's call this "Part 1 of 2." Unless I go on "sabbatical" again, in which case, this will be "Part 1 of 1." Let's be honest, I'm nothing as a blogger if not inconsistent. And that you can consistently count on. 

A Davidson Wedding
As I mentioned in my last post, I have several weddings this year - five, be exact. Wedding #2 was a Davidson Wildcat-filled fiesta for one of my most favorite couples, Christie and Adam. In my mind, these two have been married for many years now but, I guess my judgment doesn't hold up in a court of law of a house of God so it was wonderful to be able to celebrate as they made it official. As you can see, a good time was had by all. This wedding was also a first for me because it was the first time I wielded a fully-functional sparkler for the send off - it lit on the first try, it sparkled 'til the end and I'm pretty sure it made all the difference.